Easy Own Prepaid Card for China travel User Guide
Welcome and thank you for choosing Easy Own Prepaid Card for China travel of China Mobile Guangdong Company!
The information set out below is the user guide of Easy Own Prepaid Card for China travel. Please read carefully before use.
1. Basic services
Easy Own Prepaid Card provides you with the local call service, domestic (including Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau) direct dialing service, IDD service, domestic (including Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau) roaming service, point-to-point SMS, etc.
You can enjoy calling number display and employ the ring-tones (polyphonic ring-tones) in Mainland China. You can also access the Internet and WAP sites via GPRS/EDGE, send and receive MMS.
You can make free calls to the English customer service hotline at 10086 in Mainland China. Service hours: Daily 07:30 - 23:30.
Instant English translation service is available in Mainland China at 0201258222(1258222 for Guangdong province). Service hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00 (except public holidays).
3. Free calls
- You can call the toll-free service hotline at 13800138000 in Mainland China for activation, recharge, balance check, etc.
- You can make emergency calls at 110 (Police), 119 (Fireman) & 120 (Ambulance) in Mainland China for free.
II. Preparation prior to using Easy Own Prepaid Card.
“Easy Own” Prepaid Card is a smart card which records your mobile phone number and call charges data. To receive or make a phone call, you have to insert the SIM card into your handset. Depending on your handset model, you may be required to detach the SIM card from its holder and insert it into your handset. Please refer the user manual of your handset before insertion. Should your handset displays “Enter PIN:”, please enter your PIN code. (Please refer to the sections below.) Your handset will automatically search for and access the China Mobile network. You may then call the toll-free service hotline 13800138000 to activate your Easy Own Prepaid Card and can use the value of RMB95 stored in the card. (The stored value of RMB95 is valid for 90 days.)
2. PIN Code
When your handset prompts for the PIN code, please enter the default PIN code 1234. You may at any time change the PIN code into a 4-digit number that you can easily memorize. Please consult the user manual of your handset on how to change the PIN code.
3. PUK Code
The Easy Own Prepaid Card in the package has been imprinted with a PUK code. Three failed attempts to enter the PIN code will lock your Easy Own Prepaid Card. You may enter the PUK code to unlock the card. A new PIN is required after unlocking.
Caution: Your Easy Own Prepaid Card will be permanently locked with ten failed attempts to enter the PUK code.
4. User password
You will be asked to set a user password on the first use. Please memorize the password carefully as it is useful when you request for a card replacement, report loss of the card, remove your card from the blacklist, etc. The password shall be the sole verification of the right to use the Easy Own Prepaid Card number.
The user password of your Easy Own Prepaid Card shall be eight digits. Simple combinations, for instance, “88888888”, your date of birth and identification document numbers are easy to be decoded and are not recommended. You can call 13800138000 from your handset to change your password at any time.
You can recharge your Easy Own Prepaid Card easily with recharge coupons. Recharge coupons can be purchased at China Mobile service stores, authorized dealers, shops, retail shops in Mainland China, etc. (Recharge coupons purchased at roaming cities can also be used.) Recharge coupons are available in RMB30, RMB50, RMB100, RMB300 and RMB500. Please scratch off the covered area of the recharge coupons to view the 18-digit password of your recharge coupon.
Please use the handset containing your Easy Own Prepaid Card to call 13800138000 and recharge your card by following the voice prompts.
- The expiry date of activating your recharge coupon is imprinted on the package. Please refer to the instructions on the package.
- The recharge coupon is packed with a disposable package on which the standard logo of China Mobile Communications is printed.
- Do not recharge a card that has already been successfully recharged.
- Should you fail to recharge via telephone, please contact the local customer service centers of China Mobile and the staff is ready to help you.
III.Making Phone Calls
1. Calls to mobile phone numbers in Mainland China: directly dial the number. For example, to call the mobile phone number 13912345678 in Shanghai, you should dial 13912345678.
2. Calls to fixed phone numbers in Mainland China: dial 0 + area code + fixed phone number. For example, to call the fixed phone number 12345678 in Shanghai, you should dial 0 21 12345678, (21 is the area code of Shanghai).
3. Calls to countries and regions other than Mainland China by Special Long Distance Call Discounts: dial 12593+ 00 + country or area code + number. For example, to make calls to a U.S. phone number +1 718 1234567, just dial 12593 00 1 718 1234567. (Recommended)
4. Direct calls to countries and regions other than Mainland China: dial 00 + country or area code + number. For example, to make calls to a U.S.phone number +1 718 1234567, just dial 00 1 718 1234567.
IV. Charging and tariff plans
Real-time charging mode is applied for Easy Own Prepaid Card. When a call is made with Easy Own Prepaid Card, the system will calculate the remaining balance in real time. If the balance of your card is less than RMB10 or 60 seconds of airtime, the system will alert you with a voice prompt. A call will be automatically cut when the balance reaches zero and you are therefore reminded to recharge your card with a recharge coupon in a timely manner.
You can call the toll-free customer care hotline at 13800138000 to enquire about your balance at any time.
You can enquire about the details of your phone bills for the most recent five months (excluding details of that very month) via www.gd.chinamobile.com or the self-service terminals located in China Mobile service stores.
2. Tariff plans
(1) Basic monthly fee: RMB10/ month (including ring-tones, calling number display & free incoming call in Guangdong Province).
(2)Rates on voice calls:
| Calls made from
||Calling a Mainland China number
(All charges included)
(All charges included)
|| Off-peak（0：00－11：00）RMB0.29/ min
|Roaming in Guangdong Province
|| RMB0.49/ min
| Mainland China(outside Guangdong Province)
|| RMB0.49/ min
|| RMB0.39/ min
3. Special Long Distance Call Discounts
Subscribers of Easy Own Prepaid Card can enjoy Special Long Distance Call Discounts to make distance calls to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau or IDD calls. Dial 12593 prior to the phone number and you can enjoy the special offers stated below:
( All charges included)
|Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, U.S.A., Canada
|Taiwan, Macau, Malaysia, Russia, Kazakhstan, Thailand
|Japan, India, Indonesia, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Brunei, Algeria, Ghana
|Vietnam, UAE, Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, Poland, Ukraine, Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Yemen, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia
|Other countries/ regions
- The above Special Long Distance Call Discounts include basic airtime charges or roaming basic airtime charges, long distance call charges for calls to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau or IDD calls charges.
4. Long distance rates on Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau or IDD calls:
|Long distance charges on Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau
RMB 0.20 per 6 seconds
||RMB 0.80 per 6 seconds
- Long distance calls will be charged on a six-second basis. Long distance calls of less than six seconds will be counted as six seconds.
- Charges above do not include basic rate for local charges and roaming charges.
5. Roaming charges in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau
Automatic roaming in Taiwan, HongKong and Macau is available for the Easy Own Prepaid Card and no related application is required.
||Making calls to the same region
(All charges included)
|Making calls to Mainland China
(All charges included)
calls to countries and regions other than Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau
(All charges included)
(All charges included)
6. SMS charges:
|SMS sent from
||Means of Communications
||SMS to China Mobile phone numbers
|SMS to phone numbers of other operators in Mainland China
|SMS to phone numbers in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau; sending international SMS
7. GPRS Service Package
Subscribers of Easy Own Prepaid Card can enjoy GPRS wireless access to Internet in Mainland China by selecting the GPRS service packages set out below:
||Including GPRS usage (MB)
||Additional usage (RMB/MB)
||5G cap (maximum charge)
|Daily service package
|Monthly service package
- Should the GPRS service of the Easy Own Prepaid Card is used prior to the subscription of a monthly service package, the system shall automatically subscribe to the daily service package.
- Input “GPRS100” in an SMS and send it to 10086 to apply for RMB100 Monthly service package;
- Input “GPRS200” in an SMS and send it to 10086 to apply for RMB200 Monthly service package;
- Input “CXGPRS” in an SMS and send it to 10086 for enquires about the service plans;
- Input “QXGPRS” in an SMS and send it to 10086 for cancellation of the monthly service plan.
To browse the internet, configure the handset APN to “CMNET”.
1． Valid Period
The valid period of your Easy Own Prepaid Card begins from the first call you make to recharge and you may extend the validity by further recharging. Every time your prepaid card is recharged, the valid period will be automatically extended. The new valid period will be the sum of the original valid period plus the new valid period provided by the new recharge coupon. The maximum sum of valid period cannot be over two years. Please rest assured that this does not mean that your Easy Own Prepaid Card is only valid for two years. You can still use the Easy Own Prepaid card upon recharges.
You may enquire the valid period of your Easy Own Prepaid card by calling the toll-free hotline 13800138000 at any time. The valid periods of the activated recharge coupons with different recharge values are as follows:
- If the entire amount of your Easy Own Prepaid Card is used before the end of the valid period, the valid period is terminated as well. The amount refunded during promotion of the Company has noting to do with the valid period of the face value of the recharge coupons.
- When the valid period of your Easy Own Prepaid Card is over, the balance remains in your card will be sealed. No phone call can be made or received.
- In 30 days upon the expiry of your Easy Own Prepaid Card, your mobile phone number is retained for recharge. If recharge is made, the Easy Own Prepaid card will be granted with a new valid period and the preserved amount will be added to the newly recharged amount. Should no recharge is made in 30 days, no recharge can be made thereafter, the mobile phone number is deemed to be abandoned and the remaining balance will be sealed.
2．Replacement, Report Loss
Should you lose your Easy Own Prepaid Card, the lost can be reported, with the user password, by calling 13800138000. The replacement and cancellation of lost report can be made at local China Mobile service stores.
* Please keep the proof of purchase, PIN Code, PUK Code and User Password after a purchase of Easy Own Prepaid Card If User Password cannot be provided, loss, replacement and removal from blacklist will not be processed.
* The Company will not be liable for any loss of communications charges incurred from the loss of Easy Own Prepaid Card.
* Tests according to international standards are made before Easy Own Prepaid card and Recharge coupons are packed and sealed. Please check to see if the package is completely sealed prior to purchase. No refund will be accepted after purchase.
* On the font side of a recharge coupon. The “China Mobile Communications” logo, “Handset Recharge Coupon” wordings and the micro-printings on the edges are printed in fluorescent ink, which can be checked by a bank note acceptor.
* On the front side of a recharge coupon, the border around the wordings “Handset Recharge Coupon” has micro-printings of “CHINA MOBILE”.
* On the font side of a recharge coupon, there is an anti-counterfeit laser holographic layer, which has the logo of “China Mobile Communications” and an anti-counterfeit pattern printed, which can be seen with vivid colour and dynamics easily under bright sunshine.
* A greyish silver layer is covered on the back of a recharge coupon and a safety cutting should be present on the layer. The layer should contain a bluish black “China Mobile Communications” wording.
* Please properly store Easy Own Prepaid card and keep it away from high temperature and humid environment. Do not bend or scratch the card and the metal contact points should remain clean. Any loss arising from improper use shall be borne by users themselves.
* Please request for a copy of User Guide from the dealer and read it carefully before your purchase an Easy Own Prepaid Card. A Purchase is deemed to be the acceptance of all the terms and conditions set forth in the User Guide.
* Should policy adjustment is made by the State, the relevant announcement on the tariff plans and features of Easy Own Prepaid card shall be final and no individual notification will be made.
* The Company will send information regarding to Easy Own Prepaid card, which includes but not limited to service announcements, promotions and marketing information, etc., through SMS on behalf of the Company.